Autostart Key Fob Programming
- Press and hold the hood-pin for 4 seconds
What is a hood-pin?
- Release the hood-pin (the parking lights will turn on)
What are parking lights?
- While the parking lights are on, press the hood-pin once more and release immediately
- The parking lights will now stay on for up to 20 seconds
- Before the parking lights go out, turn the ignition key ON (RUN Position) and immediately to the OFF position
- Press and HOLD the LOCK button of the key fob you are trying to program and keep it held down until the parking lights flash 5 times quickly (may be followed by 2 slow flashes, not all the time though)
- The key fob has now been stored to memory
If you have additional key fobs to program, repeat step 5 and 6 at this time. *Systems can hold a maximum of 4 remotes
Option 1: (if the antenna on your windshield HAS an Antenna Programming Assistance Button (A.P.A.B.)
- Make sure the hood is closed
- Turn the ignition key to the IGNITION ON (RUN) position
- Within 5 seconds, press the programming button on the antenna twice for 1 second each time. THE LED WILL COME ON SOLID.
- You now have 20 seconds to select one of the sub-menus (proceed with transmitter programming procedure below:
Note: To exit programming mode, press on the antenna button once (the LED will come ON) and release.
Transmitter Programming Programming Procedure
- Before the lights go out, turn the ignition key to the Ignition Off position, then to On (Run) position and immediately to the OFF position. OFF/ON/OFF
- Press and hold the LOCK button and keep it down until the parking lights flash 5 times quickly. The transmitter has been stored to memory AFTER the 5 flashes, meaning programming is completed.
You must repeat the above process to add additional transmitters.
Option 2: (If the A.P.A.B. button is not present on the antenna)
Here is a YouTube video we have made to assist with programming if your vehicle does NOT have a hood pin: